I was born and raised here in Knoxville, Tennessee. My parents divorced when I was 15 years old after a very turbulent 21 years. I was forced to go to family therapy with my mom and sister and it was in that first, and only session that I decided that I wanted to become a Counselor. I left that session feeling horrible and like I had no voice because I was a kid. I promised myself that I would learn how to be a counselor and never make anyone feel the way I did that day. After watching my parents go through such a rough marriage, divorce, and post-divorce, I became very intrigued with helping other couples. In college, I was determined to become a Couples and Sex Therapist because I felt that my open-mindedness and my positive energy could greatly benefit people in this area. At the end of a long, winding road with several forks in it, I finally opened my practice in April of 2012.
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology
Argosy University, Nashville
- Master’s in Professional Counseling
Fowler Wainwright International
- Certification in Professional Coaching
Mental Health Experience:
Kingston Academy (formerly known as Camelot Schools, LLC) from 2001-2003.
- Worked with Emotionally Disturbed Children in a residential setting.
Helen Ross McNabb Center from 2003-2009.
- Liaison Counselor and Program Coordinator in a program for Emotionally Disturbed children in Knox County Schools.
- Program Coordinator in the Children and Youth Medication Clinic.
- Program Coordinator in a residential alcohol and drug treatment facility for adolescent males.
The Solution Source, LLC from 2009-2012.
- Admissions Coordinator and Operations Manager of an Outpatient Behavioral Health Treatment Facility.
Youth Villages from 2012-Current.
- PRN Specialized Crisis Counselor for children and youth who are in need of a crisis assessment in the Knoxville and surrounding area.
Metropolitan Drug Coalition from 2006 to current.
- Committee for Decreasing Prescription Drug Abuse
Successful Women Networking Together from 2012 to current.
- Networking group for women.
Autism Society of East Tennesse from 2013 to current
- Adult males with Asperger’s Syndrome
- Pornography Addiction
- Co-parenting Relationships
- Same-Sex Relationships
- Long Distance Relationships