I was born and raised in Maryville, Tennessee and currently reside in Knoxville. I have always enjoyed working with children and I am very creative. I have used my creativity in a variety of work experiences with clients of all ages on a range of problem areas. I feel that children express their feelings and emotions more when engaged in a creative outlet. While incorporating play-based and art activities, children can identify and express feelings and emotions, gain self-confidence, increase communication skills, and become more responsible, productive members of society.
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
- Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology
C.A.R.D (Center for Autism and Related Disorders) of New York
- Trained in Applied Behavioral Analysis
Argosy University, Nashville
- Master’s in Professional Counseling
Fowler Wainwright International
- Certification in Professional Coaching
Mental Health Experience:
Helen Ross McNabb Center from 2003-2008.
- Liaison Counselor and Program Coordinator in a program for Emotionally Disturbed children in Knox County Schools.
- Case Manager for the Child Net program in the Maryville location.
- Program assistant for the Child Net program in the Maryville location.
Foothills Care 2008-2009.
- Case Manager for children, contracted through DCS
- Office Management
The Solution Source, LLC from 2009-2012.
- Therapist at an Outpatient Behavioral Health Treatment Facility in Scott County, Anderson County, and Knox County locations.
RTS from 2012-current.
- Personal Assistant to the CEO in the marketing and residential management capacity.
An Open Mind, LLC 2012- current.
- In-home Family Relational Coach with children ages 3-15.
- Ages 3-10 and adults dealing with faith and grief related issues.
March of Dimes
- Advocate and Volunteer
NICU Support Group
- Encourage, empathize, and educate parents of children of babies in the NICU
The Saving Grace Project
- Volunteer and spread awareness of prematurity in infants